Client Information Handbook
Scheduled Courses are listed on the right and enquiries on particular courses can be made using the Personal or Corporate Enquiry Form for the particular course on the left.
Note:- All courses are fee for service and we do not provide any arrangements under the VET FEE-HELP, government funded subsidy or other financial support arrangements.
We also do not guarantee that:
- a student will successfully complete a training product on our scope of registration, or
- a training product can be completed in a manner which does not meet the requirements of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015, or
- a student will obtain a particular employment outcome where this is outside the control of the RTO.
Upcoming scheduled courses are shown on the right or alternatively the Course Schedule provides access to the calendar where all courses can be perused.
Note:- Courses displayed with business details are not available to individuals.
Online Enrolment is the requested means of enrolling.
What you will need for enrolment.
- To have completed the Learning, Literacy and Numeracy Test - Access the LLN Test
- Proof of ID/Citizenship - Birth Certificate, Australian Passport, Naturalisation Certificate including the document number.
- Proof of Age - Australian Driver's Licence or Learner's Permit, Proof of Age Card, Key Pass Card including the document number.
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Unique Student Identifier
The Unique Student Identifier is now a requirement in the VET sector when it comes to obtaining qualifications.
Once enrolled you will be provided with information on how to access the Student Portal which allows you the ability to communicate with your Trainer and also to manage aspects of your training and to view your records.
Under the AQTF there is a requirement for maintaining training records for 30 years. For these reasons DTW Designs uses the VETtrak Enterprise® Training Database for AVETMISS Compliance and Record Keeping.
Beside the AQTF, Workplace Health and Safety Authorities also require that records of Licence for High Risk Work Assessments are maintained for 5 years.
Recognition of Prior Learning & Current Competency
If you have a work history and experience in operating Boilers, Steam Turbines or Reciprocating Steam Engines and need this experience formally recognised, we can provide Recognition of Prior Learning.
This will also require you to undertake the mandatory challenge test as required by the Workplace Health and Safety Authorities. You can contact us and request a Recognition of Prior Learning Kit to make application.
Courses will normally be conducted at your work site but some courses may be conducted at the DTW Designs Office. Details of all Classes can be viewed in the Student Portal.
High Risk Work Training
Students should be familiar with Part 4.5 of the Workplace Health and Safety Regulations regarding High Risk Work and Training as there are specific legal obligations on trainees.
Corrective Action Form
The Corrective Action Form is used by Trainers and Students who wish to recommend an action to correct or enhance our resources or services.
You should print out and complete the form and pass it to the DTW Designs Staff member for consideration.
High Risk Work Assessment
Assessment is required where you wish to apply for a Licence to Perform High Risk Work. A minimum notification of 14 days is required by DTW Designs to allow us to schedule Assessment and also to complete Notification of Assessment to the WHS Authorities.
Different WHS Authorities have differing requirements and the items below provide you with access to some of these as applicable to your assessment requirements.
- Guidelines to apply for a Queensland High Risk Work Licence
- Evidence of Identity for Queensland Applicants.
- Evidence of Identity for New South Wales Applicants.
- Application for Assessment by a WorkSafe NSW Accredited Assessor.
- Application for High Risk Work Licence Northern Territory.